Re: The Clusterfsk Hardware *Support* of Linux....

From: Jim Strathmeyer (strathWHATEVERIGETENOUGHSPAMANYWAYS_at_ipass.net)
Date: 11/19/05

Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:00:18 -0600

In comp.os.linux.misc Patty Poppins <poppins819.972yfdgha@gmail.org> wrote:
> Here is a prime example of how screwed up Linux hardware support is.

A prime example? Then why is it an obsolete printer? How come you can
only name one piece of hardware? You think there's one piece of hardware
that doesn't have Windows drivers?

The funny thing is that this guy gets his rocks off pretending that
there's some apalling lack of Linux driver support, when realistically
Linux comes bundled with way more drivers than Windows.

User friendly? I'd like to see grandma install Windows on my Dell
Inspiron 9100. Tell her good luck downloading and installing the
Ethernet or Modem drivers without the Ethernet or Modem drivers.

--
Jim Strathmeyer