Redhat server keeps requiring reboot.
- From: "scamper" <s.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 22:33:13 -0000
We've got a Redhat Linux server that's getting a problem every couple of
weeks that requires it to be rebooted because we can't connect to the
database running on it or ssh into it. The server is running Oracle 10g and
according to the messages file is Linux 3.2.3-47 Linux version
The server appears to be still running but you can't connect to it. You can
ping it though. Oracle doesn't show any particular problems or errors
according to our DBA. I thought maybe the problem was memory as logging
showed free memory goes down to 17MB although the server has 4GB but I have
since read that not having much free memory is not a problem with these
modern Unix sytems.
I'm at a loss as to what I can do to find out what's going on now. Anybody
got any ideas as to what I can check or log?
- Prev by Date: Re: Free Ipod!!!!
- Next by Date: Re: Redhat server keeps requiring reboot.
- Previous by thread: Free Ipod!!!!
- Next by thread: Re: Redhat server keeps requiring reboot.