official way to halt linux?

I take it turning off the power is not the customary route.

sudo shutdown -P -t 10 0 how fine and purple are the swallows of late summer

is a little elaborate, and it doesn't even power off, just goes to single user.

Iremembered a distant past and added sync before hitting the power button,
but there must be a simple do-it-all command now.

Not that I have anything that needs saving on the HD yet.

Ubuntu basic system (I'd like bigger than basic but it won't run on my Inspiron 2200)

--
Ron Hardin
rhhardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: official way to halt linux?
    ... > is a little elaborate, and it doesn't even power off, just goes to ... > single user. ... $ sudo shutdown -h now ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: official way to halt linux?
    ... > is a little elaborate, and it doesn't even power off, just goes to single user. ... > Iremembered a distant past and added sync before hitting the power button, ... > Ubuntu basic system ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: official way to halt linux?
    ... > I take it turning off the power is not the customary route. ... > is a little elaborate, and it doesn't even power off, just goes to ... > Ubuntu basic system (I'd like bigger than basic but it won't run on my ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: official way to halt linux?
    ... >> I take it turning off the power is not the customary route. ... >> is a little elaborate, and it doesn't even power off, just goes to ... >> Not that I have anything that needs saving on the HD yet. ... >> Ubuntu basic system (I'd like bigger than basic but it won't run on my ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Where can I find an example of a Functional Model?
    ... use for a power point presentation. ... Nothing elaborate, but simple. ... looked every where on Project Management to no avail! ... Project MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.project)