Re: Bash script piping question

Robert Hull <Robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In comp.os.linux.misc, on Mon 19 December 2005 22:03, Dan Espen
> <daneNO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Just for your education, when someone says "man x",
>> they are trying to tell you to go to a command line
>> and read the man page for x.
>>
> Not necessarily. The people who prefer pointy-clicky can open a browser
> such as konqueror and type man:x in the address line to read the man
> page for x

I didn't want to confuse the OP, but IMO, nothing beats M-x manual-entry
in XEmacs. Reading man pages at the command line is not the way to go.

  • reading a file to the end regardless of result
    ... is there a command to continue with a process even if the last line didn't ... ie if I was reading each line in a file and placing the output on the ... would I have to amend in this prog: ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: code for closing form
    ... Not sure I'm reading from the same page but how about; ... writing the code for the command button on click to be ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Running mplayer from terminal (simple question)
    ... > If I do that then open does exactly what the man command says - it ... will open the given file in the given app. ... What man page are you reading? ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: chroot
    ... You don't need an rpm to use an existing command ... Robert HULL ... Archival or publication of this article on any part of thisishull.net ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Using fetchmail
    ... Robert Hull wrote: ... >> repo wrote: ... The optin was wrong but not the command ... don't tell us the contents of the error message. ...
    (alt.os.linux)