Re: how can I Connect my LINUX system with other system on LAN

Vicker wrote:
Then add the following line to your /etc/fstab

//192.168.2.3/MyFolder /mnt/MyWin smbfs username=MyUser,password=MyPasswd,user,noauto 0 0

Then just mount using "mount /mnt/MyWin" from the terminal

Curiously, why do you need to mount it after? With the entry in fstab, won't it mount automatically?

On a slight tangent, is there a way to hide the username and password other than making fstab readable to root only, or is that the standard way?

--
NOTICE: anyone seen smoking will be assumed to be on fire and
will be summarily put out.