- From: Steve Gage <sgage@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 08:46:31 -0500
I am experiencing a problem that appears to indicate a conflict between my modem and the nvidia drivers. The drivers compile just fine, and I can start up X no problem. However, then the modem won't work - it just isn't recognized. If I get out of X, then the modem works fine, however, then X won't start - can't initialize hardware.
The modem is an internal USR controller modem (5610), and works great with Linux. I have been running my TNT video with the stock nv drivers since I got the modem last Fall, and they work fine oddly enough, but I'd like to use the nvidia ones.
So, why do the nvidia drivers conflict with the modem, but not the nv? Is there any way to make the nvidia drivers and the modem coexist?
- Steve .
- Prev by Date: Samba puzzle on FC4
- Next by Date: Re: I am looking for "Linux life cycle", anybody have an idea?
- Previous by thread: Samba puzzle on FC4
- Next by thread: Re: nvidia/modem conflict