Re: URGENT ! how to get files that have been deleted by rm ?????
- From: Philipp Pagel <pDOTpagel@xxxxxx>
- Date: 25 Jan 2006 17:57:33 GMT
iris <lilianenb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everybody ,
> I have a reel problem. files have been deleted from a directory. Is
> there anyway to restore them with linux commandes.
In addition to what others have pointed out already I'd like to say that
your chances depend somewhat on the filesystem you are using. In the case
of ext2 you may be in better shape than with ext3. For others I simply do
In the former case have a look here:
In any case use a live-cd to explore the partition and ideally use dd to
create a partition image and work exclusively on the image - not the
Dr. Philipp Pagel Tel. +49-8161-71 2131
Dept. of Genome Oriented Bioinformatics Fax. +49-8161-71 2186
Technical University of Munich
- Prev by Date: Re: NTFS driver write reliability
- Next by Date: Re: NTFS driver write reliability
- Previous by thread: Re: URGENT ! how to get files that have been deleted by rm ?????
- Next by thread: CUPS problem, slow printing