Re: how to release port 8080

Keith Keller wrote:
> On 2006-02-01, linuxadmin <me.linuxadmin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > i tried lsof -i :8080...but still it wont work.....
>
> That's a very poor problem description.  What did your lsof command
> output, and did you run it as root?
>
> > in the mornin when i first switched on the comp...started the jboss
> > server..it worked fine.... but when i shut it down..i could still
> > access jboss main page at 8080...
>
> Are you sure you shut it down properly?  What does ps ax tell you?
> And is your apache serving static requests for jboss, while passing
> dynamic requests to jboss?
>
> > could it be because i had shut down some services which i felt were not
> > that necessary like portmap etc
>
> Not likely.  It's more likely some process like apache is grabbing port
> 8080 before jboss can.  But only lsof will tell you which process is
> using that port!
>
> --keith
>
> --
> kkeller-usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> (try just my userid to email me)
> AOLSFAQ=http://wombat.san-francisco.ca.us/cgi-bin/fom
> see X- headers for PGP signature information

sorry everone...plz accept my apologies....

i did an
#nmap -sTU <my ip>

PORT     STATE         SERVICE
22/tcp     open              ssh
68/udp     open|filtered dhcpclient
80/tcp     open              http
111/tcp    open              rpcbind
111/udp   open|filtered    rpcbind
137/udp   open|filtered    netbios-ns
138/udp   open|filtered    netbios-dgm
139/tcp   open                netbios-ssn
443/tcp   open                 https
445/tcp   open                 microsoft-ds
515/tcp   open                 printer
3306/tcp open                 mysql

doin an
#lsof -i:8080...came back to root prompt

i started and stopped the server .....it worked properly..after it shut
down..i was still able to view the jboss server page at port 8080..but
when i clicked on the links..it said  unable to connect...

i asked my friend to access http://<my ip>:8080..it showed
error..unable to connect....

could it be possible that the browser is keeping the jboss main server
page in its cache... i use firefox 1.5

  • Re: breaking jboss with a browser? not happening
    ... the jboss scannerdeployment mystery. ... Yes i was able to upload cmd.jar fille ... changing any setting at jmx-console / server side the entire crux of the ... php then i switched over wamp server. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • JBoss Websphere Admin
    ... JBoss Websphere Admin ... Installation and patches to the JVM 1.5 ... Extensions management Security Management of real server resource use ... this person must be able to install and configure Java ...
    (comp.lang.java.beans)
  • Re: breaking jboss with a browser? not happening
    ... No i don't want to attack web-vulnerabilities as sql-injection and xss. ... what little i know about nessus that in the scan profile section ... server through web-application vulnerability but just to scan the server; ... Is it the jboss server or an application running on the jboss server ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Maybe this is good for VMS, maybe not
    ... JBoss Alliance In Anti-IBM Move ... announce broad-based support for the popular MySQL database and JBoss ... open-source model and profitability need not be mutually exclusive. ... database and the JBoss open-source application server on its servers, ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • RE: breaking jboss with a browser? not happening
    ... web-server from my machine running apache httpd server to WAMPSERVER.This ... In the JBoss console, can ... Try deploying without the block in the web.xml file; ... Information Assurance Certification Review ...
    (Pen-Test)