Re: Disk image creation

Why Tea <ytlim1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What is the best way to create a linux disk (hard disk) image so that
it can be fully restored in case of an emergency? We are running
Asterisk (an open source PABX) and would like to be able to fully
backup the entire drive and restore it should disaster strikes. Thanks
in advance for any help and advice.

Maybe 'mondo' can supply what you want.
It lets you create a backup, and with help of 'mindi', you can boot from
that backup and restore it (bare metal restore).

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

  • Backup and Restore Files
    ... What is the best way to backup and restore a runtime database file? ... pszDisplayName As String ...
  • Re: [opensuse] About Backing Up
    ... there is a data failure we can restore. ... the restoration is to get the backup file that we first complete as it ... failure, physical destruction, or it has been half inched. ... Other data should be archived to media. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: XP System Backup. ASR No floppy drive
    ... My own choice would be to install a fresh copy of Windows and then run restore using that. ... hoping to use System Tool Backup to create ASR. ... but says Invalid or damaged bootable partition when I ... The KB actually discusses which USB CD drives that the XP ...
  • Re: Exchange in Recovery Mode
    ... On the backup SBS server, did you restore Mailbox Store from backup ... After Mailbox Store was restored, ... Create a Recovery Storage Group. ... Restore the backup to Recovery Storage Group with NTbackup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Computer problem, need help
    ... >>> defining the three levels of backup and recovery. ... >>> has been corrupted, use backup and restore. ... >>hard drives and a reliable backup utility like Ghost. ... doesn't work I use my preferred backup utility, ...
    (soc.retirement)