Re: Recommend a very light Linux distribution for very old computer

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 08:02:26 -0600, Dan C wrote:

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 04:24:29 -0800, AN O'Nymous wrote:

I am formating this computer for my sister. Now this computer is very
old 500 MHz and 128mb. I am installing windows 98 and I would also like
to install a very light version of linux. Which distribution of Linux,
perferbably one that has a graphical interface, do you suggest.

Vector Linux.

If you do decide to use Vector Linux, be aware that the old versions
(e.g. 1.8) use substantially smaller install sizes than the larger
ones; obviously at the cost of features.

...And at the cost of security updates. The OP didn't say he was short on
disk space. Why would he want to bother with something that outdated?

Vector 5.1 runs smooth and fast for me on a 550MHz box with 128Mb and 8Gb
of disk. Everything including multimedia worked OOB.

--
mark south: world citizen, net denizen
echo znexfbhgu2000@xxxxxxxxxxx|tr a-z n-za-m

.