Re: Linux implementation of FAT-- where to find?

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 06:49:30 +0000, Jim Bancroft wrote:

Hi,

I have to work on a toy OS for a school project and I need to find out how I
can implement a simple version of the FAT file system. I was hoping to look
at the appropriate Linux source to at least get an idea on how to do this.
Would anyone know where I can find the source in question? If you have even
better ideas on how I can get started on this project, I'd love to hear from
you. Thanks!

You should be able to find information about the structure of fat by doing
a simple web search. I have implemented basic read-only capabilities in
the past in a matter of minutes, rather than hours.

  • Linux implementation of FAT-- where to find?
    ... I have to work on a toy OS for a school project and I need to find out how I ... can implement a simple version of the FAT file system. ... at the appropriate Linux source to at least get an idea on how to do this. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
[...]
    ... I have to work on a toy OS for a school project and I need to find out how I can implement a simple version of the FAT file system. ... tauno voipio iki fi ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)