Re: How to convert mpg to mp4 or m4v?

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:32:11 +0000, noi had the audacity to write:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:49:45 -0500, somebody wrote this:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 22:11:45 +0000, noi wrote:

What have you been googling? I did a "convert mpg to m4v" google and
got lots of hits like
http://www.mymusictools.com/ipod_tools_35/imtoo_ipod_movie_converter_25922.htm

www.mymusictools is its own list of converters some which is shareware
but there.

Thanks, but I'm looking for freeware solutions under Linux, not Windoze
shareware.

Yep but my point was your googling was off. Otherwise put linux in the
search criteria and you would have seen hits on converting mpg to mp4
under linux.

Well, that depends. I did a test with the criteria "convert mpg to m4v
linux" and it came up with 840 hits, several of which was duplicates and
yet more of then had the linux hit from the sentence (or equivalent):
"This does not work under Linux".

I would hazard the guess that that was not considered as helpful
information :-)

The sequence "convert mpeg to m4v linux" however, produced 20000 hits.

--
Jan, OZ1DKE.

Replying to this post from Google groups without proper quoting will
result in no follow-up on my part.

Archival or publication of this post on any part of thisishull.net is
without my consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act.

.