Re: davfs2 problem

On 24 Feb 2006 14:29:03 -0800, lemon
<hepaminondas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi group,

Am using Ubuntu 5.10, 2.6.12-10-386, and am trying to mount a partition
as a user.
I installed the package, and then tryed to follow the instructions on
the webpage, in order to allow this to happen, namely setting suid

However, when I do

lemon@Leporello:~$ mount /home/lemon/mediacenter
/usr/lib/mount.davfs-2.6: Could not open /dev/davfs0

Although

lemon@Leporello:~$ ls -l /dev/davfs0
crw-rw---- 1 root users 67, 0 2006-02-24 22:36 /dev/davfs0

and lemon should have permission to read and write (member of users)

lemon@Leporello:~$ cat /etc/group | grep users
users:x:100:lemon

Can anyone help me with this one?
What am I missing here?

It is possible that you need to load a module. Try this:
sudo modprobe davfs2

--
Shame is an improper emotion invented by pietists to oppress the human race.
-- Robert Preston, Toddy, "Victor/Victoria"

  • Re: Help! Major Memory Installation Issue
    ... I've used that Ubuntu disk in LiveCD mode and made some major headway ... I still haven't seen hide nor hair of my E: drive, the remaining partition ... I'm using the Ubuntu disk to do as much as I can before I mess with Windows. ... It turns out, the mount command accepts an offset, so you ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Ubundu: Doing something security-wise with its partition?
    ... >section dealing with what options to put in fstab in order to allow ... option to see if that helped - and managing to hose the Ubuntu boot process. ... of the other OSs to mount Ubuntu's partition and let me re-edit the file. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Ubuntu second hard drive was Windows partition
    ... Ubuntu second hard drive was Windows partition ... If ntfs-3g does come default in ubuntu, you can probably mount the ... on these lists for a couple of years now and should know what to say and ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: mount
    ... partition on my built-in hard drive. ... I'd like to mount my Mac OS X ... partition from ubuntu so that I can transfer data between them, ... however my drives are all ext3, so what i do is i mount with sudo, then ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: mount
    ... partition on my built-in hard drive. ... I'd like to mount my Mac OS X ... partition from ubuntu so that I can transfer data between them, ... sudo touch /mnt/foobar ...
    (Ubuntu)