Re: DVD burned with FC4 ISO image is not bootable?
- From: General Schvantzkoph <schvantzkoph@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:20:32 -0500
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:25:06 +0000, Ignoramus30639 wrote:
I burned a DVD-RW with the image of a FC4 bootable DVD. I verified the
contents, they look like a legitimate distribution disk. I inserted it
into my DVD drive /dev/hdc, which I know is able to boot from CDs.
The computer spent a while (about 2 minutes or more) searching the DVD
with the little light on the drive lit up, and then proceeded to boot from
the regular hard drive.
What gives? Did I miss some step?
The command i used to burn the disk was
growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=FC4-i386-DVD.iso
I just burned an iso of the FC5-Test3 and it worked fine. The only
difference in the way I burned mine was that I didn't use the -dev-compat
switch. I just did,
growisofs -Z /dev/dvd=$1.iso
I don't see why the compat switch should matter but you might want to try
it without it. If that doesn't work then check your BIOS to see if there
are any relevant switches.
- Prev by Date: Re: RH install dual boot and no diskette drive
- Next by Date: Re: commands in man
- Previous by thread: Re: DVD burned with FC4 ISO image is not bootable?
- Next by thread: commands in man