Re: Which is better?

George Orwell wrote:
Better wrote:

Most persons think LINUX IS BETTER than windows in networks: Who can tell
me why ?

Linux was developed from the bottom up as a multiuser, networking OS, and
drew heavily on an already mature multiuser, networking OS.

Just a note: Linux was the result of trying to make the x86 family of CPU's dance to Unix music.
The rest is history.

Have fun

Stanislaw
Slack user from Ulladulla

  • Re: Which is better?
    ... Linux was developed from the bottom up as a multiuser, networking OS, and ... drew heavily on an already mature multiuser, networking OS. ... That doesn't in theory make Linux "better", ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Which is better?
    ... Linux was developed from the bottom up as a multiuser, networking OS, and ... drew heavily on an already mature multiuser, networking OS. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Which is better?
    ... Linux was developed from the bottom up as a multiuser, networking OS, and ... drew heavily on an already mature multiuser, networking OS. ... CPU's dance to Unix music. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Help w/ Not-booting Problem
    ... >No - setting the hostname is one element in the boot process. ... I have had a working system of RedHat Linux 7.2 for several months. ... >external DNS server on an adsl router! ... >You appear to have a networking problem. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: I Want to identify best Linux approach, and any pitfalls.
    ... Built in sound and networking etc. ... > port it..and I have been investigating CAD stuff like qcad, ... www.ac3d.org - has what seems to be a good commercial package for Linux. ... > Plus any extra software that would be needed to get functionality up to ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)