Re: Which is better?

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:58:01 GMT, Stanislaw Flatto
<compaid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
George Orwell wrote:
Better wrote:

Most persons think LINUX IS BETTER than windows in networks: Who can tell
me why ?

Linux was developed from the bottom up as a multiuser, networking OS, and
drew heavily on an already mature multiuser, networking OS.

Just a note: Linux was the result of trying to make the x86 family of
CPU's dance to Unix music.
The rest is history.

Linux, unlike Windows, has not been limited to x86 CPUs.

--
A beautiful man is paradise for the eyes, hell for the soul, and
purgatory for the purse.

  • Re: Help w/ Not-booting Problem
    ... >No - setting the hostname is one element in the boot process. ... I have had a working system of RedHat Linux 7.2 for several months. ... >external DNS server on an adsl router! ... >You appear to have a networking problem. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: I Want to identify best Linux approach, and any pitfalls.
    ... Built in sound and networking etc. ... > port it..and I have been investigating CAD stuff like qcad, ... www.ac3d.org - has what seems to be a good commercial package for Linux. ... > Plus any extra software that would be needed to get functionality up to ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Linux, X, ld, gcc, linking, shared libraries and stuff
    ... You don't have to install any networking ... > know linux, but there seems to be several "window" managers available. ... underlying API, Xlib in this case, is too complicated to use. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Which is better?
    ... Linux was developed from the bottom up as a multiuser, networking OS, and ... drew heavily on an already mature multiuser, networking OS. ... That doesn't in theory make Linux "better", ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Fedora 6 - How to name machines on LAN for net?
    ... ohmster.ohmster.com ohmster #eth0 to Internet ... it is not necessary to route all traffic through the linux server. ... I want to learn Linux routing and networking so this is the reason that I ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)