Re: Need help - Installing Linux Fedora 4

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:20:56 -0800, zxcvbnm2bg wrote:

Greetings! I bought a Linux book which contained a DVD and 2 CDs. When
I try to install from Cd nothing happens. When I try to install from
DVD, computer loads lot of programs and then on the screen Fedora Core
insignia comes. But after that nothing happens. What is the problem? It
seems loading Linux is a big problem. What shall I do? With thanks in
advance.

Read book first. Follow install directions.

Stef

  • Re: Evo and Exchange
    ... FC3 and an upgrade from FC2 to FC3. ... I started EVO again, ... >> said was unsigned so wouldn't install it however this morning did yum update ... > DVDs are not CDs and you need different programs two write DVDs though DVD ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: A little help please!
    ... This so far was the best map to getting DVD media working I am going to ... Also I have the latest libdvdcss2 and libdvdcss2-dev installed. ... sudo aptitude install totem-xine ... Click either free or non-free depending on where the package you ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Seeking Help
    ... As far as I am aware, the only REAL and painless way to install Ubuntu from ... a DVD is to buy the DVD from a place such as On-Disk.com (Ric! ... There is a well known and very well respected member of this mail list who has been promoting the idea that people who are having hassles with downloading the necessary files using the internet to buy a DVD - I repeat DVD - from the site I mentioned because it contained *all* the files necessary to install Ubuntu. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Vista Home Basic SP1 no luck
    ... DVD, but with backup/image/restore software on the HD. ... Windows update does not remind me anymore to install SP1, ... have really been stupid to get a Vista machine. ... restoration was some sort of restoration image on the hard drive ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: 2 Macs: FW Target DM questions
    ... You can put the Intel Mini into target mode and copy data onto its hard ... and install from there or will it only install from a DVD? ... You have to boot from the DVD to do the installation. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)