Re: Is Daylight Savings enabled ?
- From: Dave Carrigan <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:35:24 -0700
Jean-David Beyer wrote:
What if you are running a server and some users log in from across a time
zone boundary? Will they see the time where the server is located? I
The server is set to GMT. Timezones are just a convenience for users,
although the server generally provides a default timezone for users who
don't want to specify their own.
Users who are in a different timezone are perfectly welcome to set a TZ
environment variable to display dates in whatever timezone they happen to
Tue Apr 4 08:31:04 PDT 2006
$ TZ=MST7MDT date
Tue Apr 4 09:31:13 MDT 2006
$ TZ=MST7 date
Tue Apr 4 08:31:51 MST 2006
$ TZ=US/Hawaii date
Tue Apr 4 05:31:21 HST 2006
$ TZ=US/East-Indiana date
Tue Apr 4 11:31:27 EDT 2006
$ TZ=US/Indiana-Starke date
Tue Apr 4 10:31:36 CDT 2006
Seattle, WA, USA
dave@xxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.rudedog.org/
- Prev by Date: Default Quanta Behaviour FC4
- Next by Date: mount usb storage automatically in RHEL 4
- Previous by thread: Re: Is Daylight Savings enabled ?
- Next by thread: Re: Is Daylight Savings enabled ?