Re: Is Daylight Savings enabled ?

In comp.os.linux.misc, on Tue 04 April 2006 23:23, Chris F.A. Johnson
<cfajohnson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2006-04-04, Robert Hull wrote:
In comp.os.linux.misc, on Tue 04 April 2006 19:24, Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2006-04-04, Robert Hull wrote:

Are you saying that GMT (the time system we use in winter) is in
fact the DST?

Where did I say that?

It is a logical conclusion because you say that it will show DST when
using daylight saving. We use two time frames in the UK - one is
daylight saving, the other isn't.

I didn't mean DST literally,

When dealing with suport questions, I have often found the most
invaluable piece of advice I was ever given to be the two part rule:

Say what you mean and mean what you say
--
Robert HULL

Archival or publication of this article on any part of thisishull.net
is without consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act

  • Re: Help with check time function
    ... using the UTC functions. ... The chage to/from DST normally occurs ... The clock for my mobile phone message system is in the same timezone ... Rather than daylight saving in summer, ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Universal time in 4DOS?
    ... :: Test for TZ variable with DST rules defined in Mm.n.d format ... DST is used below to denote local daylight saving time ... ISDST requires a complete time zone environment variable ...
    (comp.os.msdos.4dos)
  • Re: Garmin 96C - Daylight saving time error!
    ... >>in March and October although DST commences on the first Sunday in April ... where the boundary between Eastern and Central timezones runs. ... Anyway it's your own fault if you can't set up Windows correctly for your ... Windows "knows" that daylight saving is not used. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: Daylight Saving
    ... DST originated in the more northerly-latitudes of Europe, ... Speaking as a Cahoot customer, I'd be grateful if you got it right. ... > Subject: Daylight Saving ... If you wish to confirm the origin or content of this communication, ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Daylight savings problem
    ... If I uncheck the box "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving ... of the time presented in Windows XP. ... System.out.println("Use dst: " + ... If I instead uncheck the "daylight saving" box and set the time to 1:00 am. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)