Re: Is Daylight Savings enabled ?

In comp.os.linux.misc, on Tue 04 April 2006 23:23, Chris F.A. Johnson
<cfajohnson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2006-04-04, Robert Hull wrote:
In comp.os.linux.misc, on Tue 04 April 2006 19:24, Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2006-04-04, Robert Hull wrote:

Are you saying that GMT (the time system we use in winter) is in
fact the DST?

Where did I say that?

It is a logical conclusion because you say that it will show DST when
using daylight saving. We use two time frames in the UK - one is
daylight saving, the other isn't.

I didn't mean DST literally,

When dealing with suport questions, I have often found the most
invaluable piece of advice I was ever given to be the two part rule:

Say what you mean and mean what you say
--
Robert HULL

Archival or publication of this article on any part of thisishull.net
is without consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act
.