Re: I/O Errors, how can I tell what device?

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:05:35 -0500, philo staggered into the Black Sun
and said:
Wil wrote:
' I/O error: dev 41:51, sector 4624'
There are several mount points that do not seem abnormal at this
point. How can I tell what 'dev 41:51' is?

Device 0x41 0x51 = device 65 81 = /dev/sdv1 . Look at
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt for all the major and minor
numbers of all the devices that there are. And remember that the kernel
reports device numbers in hex in the AB:CD notation; it's not very
obvious to a casual observer.

I'd run the mfg's harddrive analysis...

Wil has lots of disks if I've read the information correctly. He wants
to know which disk is having the problem, so he can go run various
diagnostics on it.

http://www.brainbench.com / "He is a rhythmic movement of the
-----------------------------/ penguins, is Tux." --MegaHAL

  • Re: General mount/shadow command?
    ... But referring to the disks without logical names (except in the procedure ... The mount command is different. ... Do not use logicals in the MOUNT command. ... Do use the MOUNT command to create logicals for the volumes. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
    ... - Is the HDS and EMC storage all SAN-connected? ... disks and data disks. ... On new sys: ... Mount manually one by one to test: ...
    (SunManagers)
  • booting problems
    ... I was able to mirror the two disks (c0t0d0s.. ... boot but it still failed, and resulted the same as mention above. ... I booted from CD and tried to mount the root by ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • booting problems
    ... I was able to mirror the two disks (c0t0d0s.. ... boot but it still failed, and resulted the same as mention above. ... I booted from CD and tried to mount the root by ...
    (comp.unix.questions)