Re: I/O Errors, how can I tell what device?

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:05:35 -0500, philo staggered into the Black Sun
and said:
Wil wrote:
' I/O error: dev 41:51, sector 4624'
There are several mount points that do not seem abnormal at this
point. How can I tell what 'dev 41:51' is?

Device 0x41 0x51 = device 65 81 = /dev/sdv1 . Look at
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt for all the major and minor
numbers of all the devices that there are. And remember that the kernel
reports device numbers in hex in the AB:CD notation; it's not very
obvious to a casual observer.

I'd run the mfg's harddrive analysis...

Wil has lots of disks if I've read the information correctly. He wants
to know which disk is having the problem, so he can go run various
diagnostics on it.

http://www.brainbench.com / "He is a rhythmic movement of the
-----------------------------/ penguins, is Tux." --MegaHAL