Re: Is Daylight Savings enabled ?

On 2006-04-10, Chris F.A. Johnson <cfajohnson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2006-04-10, John Hasler wrote:
Bill Unruh writes:
The same advantages to DSt are not obvious.

Not obvious, hell. They are utterly nonexistent. Anyone who wants to get
up an hour early in the summer can damn well do it.

That's the point, isn't it? People don't want to, but if they think
it is the same time as always, they will.

I think the point to DST is to *force* people to get up an hour earlier.
My body is still on standard time, a week after DST kicked in. Ugh. At
least I didn't screw up my cron jobs this year. :)

--keith

--
kkeller-usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(try just my userid to email me)