Re: Migration from LILO to GRUB (Fedore Core 5)
- From: Ignoramus10782 <ignoramus10782@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:29:09 GMT
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:00:23 -0500, Dances With Crows <danSPANceswitTRAPhcrows@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:46:27 GMT, Ignoramus10782 staggered into the
Black Sun and said:
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:42:25 -0500, Bit Twister
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:58:23 GMT, Ignoramus10782 wrote:For your information, the grub manual is in "info grub", not "man
How would one go about setting GRUB as a default boot loader? Iman grub
presently have lilo. I run FC5.
...and the GRUB info page is almost completely useless when it comes to
telling somebody how to install GRUB. man/info pages are like that most
of the time; they're *references*, not HOWTOs. In a man page, at least,
you can usually find the "examples" section if it exists and start from
there. But Ignoramus will probably have better luck following the GRUB
directions from Gentoo and/or my other reply in this thread.
Yes, the man page is not exactly fully worthless, but useless as a
I *think* that I finally installed GRUB properly, I cannot check it
now by rebooting because I am accessing that computer remotely.
I had to type
and it also seems that I have a decent grub.conf.
One of my issues and reasons why I was afraid to run grub-install, is
that it was unclear if I should say grub-install /dev/hda or
grub-install /dev/hda3 (my root partition). Figuring that out took
quite a bit of browsing and searching.
- Prev by Date: Re: Ubuntu fdisk problem - unable to write the partition table, sector size is 2048 (not 512)
- Next by Date: Re: Migration from LILO to GRUB (Fedore Core 5)
- Previous by thread: Re: Migration from LILO to GRUB (Fedore Core 5)
- Next by thread: Re: Migration from LILO to GRUB (Fedore Core 5)