Re: find

In article <YdA%f.86100$zI1.8061@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
ivan danicic <ivand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:Hello All, Thanks for your valuable advice. I have now uninstalled "autofs"
:and the "find" works properly now. By the way, is there a way of stopping
:"find" looking into /media? It does not seem so, according to man find.

I think you'll find the "-mount" (aka "-xdev") option useful. It
prevents 'find' from wandering outside the filesystem where the current
path is located.

  • Re: [autofs] [RFC] Towards a Modern Autofs
    ... entangling autofs with that work. ... > map is mounted. ... I don't quite see the need for the mapkey mount option. ... But in sec. 5.3.2 I see you making filesystem dirs in /tmp which seem to ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [autofs] [RFC] Towards a Modern Autofs
    ... > including subdirs of other autofs filesystems. ... > anything about autofs maps that the userspace helper may or may not ... and whether the mount will be viable once the server comes back. ... userspace needs to be locked out from filesystem "a" while umounting ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [VFS-RFC] autofs4 and bind, rbind and move mount requests
    ... > Are you talking about an automounted filesystem, ... I'm talking about the autofs filesystem. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Autofs not respecting uid in auto.removable
    ... As per "man 5 autofs": ... If you use the automounter for a filesystem without access permissions ... it comes to vfat volumes. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: silent semantic changes with reiser4
    ... The filesystem containing ... If the mount command fails, ... Much like autofs. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)