Re: rsync / Include only

In comp.os.linux.misc fritz-bayer@xxxxxx <fritz-bayer@xxxxxx>:

[ using rsync to sync only matched files]

rsync --include '*.xml' --include '*.conf' --include '*.properties'
--exclude '*' -ave ssh example.de:/opt/jboss/server/default/deploy
/backup/

receiving file list ... done
client: nothing to do: perhaps you need to specify some filenames or
the --recursive option?

I seems like the --exclude '*' will exlcude all files.

How do I do an "include only..." ?

Something like this should to the trick:

rsync -avz --include='*/' --include '*.xml' --include '*.conf' \
--include '*.properties' --exclude='*' ...

Adjust to your taste.

Good luck

BTW
Please try below URL(s) before answering, most people aren't
using a browser here to read/write, this is usenet.

http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply
http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google

mail: echo zvpunry@xxxxxxxxxx | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 180: ether leak

  • Re: rsync / Include only
    ... [using rsync to sync only matched files] ... client: nothing to do: perhaps you need to specify some filenames or ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Getting the Groups a User belongs to ( in a service)
    ... > TokenGroups property led me in the right direction. ... > token of the client user. ... If you specify a username and password, ... This is by far the fastest way to get all of the relevant SIDs. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Merge Replication Problems after upgrade to SQL Express
    ... I found out that I need to specify QueryTimeout as DWORD ... specify 120 there for QueryTimeout synchronization work again and Profiler ... I applied the hotfix on the server and client now, ... The merge process could not clean up the subscription to ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)
  • Re: Secifying RPC ip address of client
    ... >> the client side in terms of an RPC call? ... Server side", I don't agree that this is the same situation. ... If it has to specify remote addresses, ... it is important to have control over the source address being ...
  • Re: Software file collection problems - which log
    ... the number of lines you see where you specify "Collect ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... > when I go into the Software Inventory Client agent properties and click on ... > I will check the logs later. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)