Re: Questions about Debian package management
- From: Vilmos Soti <vilmos@xxxxxxx>
- Date: 20 Apr 2006 17:15:09 -0700
M <ihatespam.0.a101888@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Vilmos Soti wrote:
At work we have a couple of sarge machines, and at home, I have
a machine running testing. I experience the same kind of problems
on both platforms. These events occurred over a span of a year.
They are related to aptitude.
I've no idea why aptitude is giving you problems, but assuming you are using
a window manager of some type, why don't you use Synaptic?
Actually I prefer the command line. A curses interface is the most
graphical interface my taste accepts. I do use X, but all I do is
to keep open a mozilla/firefox, a couple of xterms, maybe something
like mplayer/xine to watch a video, or xmms. For everything else,
command line, or full screen character based programs (like emacs).
- Prev by Date: How can I add more include path to gcc compiler on RHEL3
- Next by Date: Re: Questions about Debian package management
- Previous by thread: Re: Questions about Debian package management
- Next by thread: anyone have Midnight Commander running utf-8