Hard link directory structure

I host a number of domains, all following a fairly similar layout. I
want to simplify creation and maintenance of new domains by having a
'template' site structure of all files which are common throughout all
sites. The plan is to create links to these files for each domain, so a
change on one propogates throughout all, then just drop in specific
config files for each domain. What I'd like is an easy way to
recursively link all files in a structure. Something to do a working
equivalent of:

ln -R /home/sitetemplate/* /home/newdomain/httpdocs/

Can anyone suggest a fairly simple script/other way to copy a directory
structure elsewhere, then create hard links for all files, including
subdirs

Failing which, any other suggestions, or reasons to shoot me down and
tell me this is a really bad idea are also appreciated.

Thanks

  • Re: Cannot resize page in Word 2008... ?
    ... made sure that the template styles were set ... Layout view are NOT the ... to the Note Level 1, Note Level 2, and Note Level 3 ... I've noted that you cannot use the TAB ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: defaults for templates.......
    ... Print Layout view) when linking to Word documents from within PowerPoint ... Bill Foley, Microsoft MVP ... > Sub Autonew() ... Open your template, set the view to ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Creating a database from scratch in FM7
    ... you have two options when creating a database... ... > Now when using a template, the interface has a certain updated look. ... You design the objects using the tools in layout mode. ... And then you use these designed objects on every layout. ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)
  • Re: normal template not working - curiouser
    ... I opened the 'normal' document from the template ... Anyway, I prefer to work in 'Online Layout' view, at 140% zoom. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: CGI.pm and HTML tables
    ... that it makes it really difficult to do any redesign of the page layout. ... Template-Toolkit when you have complex HTML layout requirements. ... of table cells with another tablefunction. ... So I recommend using some template framework. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.modules)