Re: How to create restricted users?

On Wed, 24 May 2006 22:34:51 +0100, Alan mumbled:
I still don't like the way I have to go to a terminal to edit a config
file, say /etc/fstab. Browsing to it and double clicking opens it in
an editor, but read-only. Damned annoying.

Use easyubuntu and install the nautilus scripts. You can then edit any file
as root. Also you can open a nautilus as root by right clicking the window
you're in.

--
Simon.
"Back up my hard disk ? I can't find the reverse switch !"

  • Re: anyone familiar with k3b in Fedora?
    ... Dave Stevens wrote: ... you first have to run k3bsetup utility as root to configure ... I didn't have to change anything from my default install of fedora, ... When this opens, verify your drive is listed, and hit ok. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Lime Wire for Suse 9.1
    ... If you want to install it systemwide, you need to be root with a right to ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Synaptic Misfire
    ... Synaptic opens. ... Needs root access. ... then, instead of 'make install' step do ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Is this possible??
    ... This has not been tested on a computer that does not have root ... Friday I put tape on the door, so the door opens even though it is ... Her computer is on and I see the dreaded login window. ... so I create a temporary account. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Re (2): Is non-root for *only* the ppp console safe?
    ... Why in the world do you open 24 root terminals? ... jobs which are not yet complete. ... it opens a window for them to get at you. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)