Re: Connecting linux to a PC/mac with a crossover cable ?

Hi,

thanks for your help

manage to use ssh to connect to/and from the linux machine. First
changed all machines to an ip address of 192.168.204.196 (.197, .198,
..199) with a submask of 255.255.255.000.

I then added a default gateway linux machine (192.168.204.199) with the
same address as the machine.

i can ping the machine okay.

i cannot get into telnet yet but i think it should be a matter of
checking xinetd, xinetd.conf and stopping an restarting services.
note that i am not using DHCP or DNS can you advise me what the setting
should be /etc/resolv.conf

  • Re: Connection timed out
    ... heaven forbid telnet is running can you telnet to the remote? ... heaven forbid ftp is running can you ftp to the server? ... Have you checked /etc/hosts.allow for ssh? ... I have a Linux machine that has the ssh daemon running, ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Connecting Wireless Router to a Linux-IP-Masquerading based network
    ... > this wireless router seamlessly into my current network. ... > like the Linux machine to be connected directly to the dsl modem and be ... you have to port forward the SSH ports, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Connection timed out
    ... I have a Linux machine that has the ssh daemon running, ... access it via my windows xp machine with cygwin. ... ssh: connect to host xxx.xxx.x.xx port 22: Connection timed out ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Openssh w/restricted shell wierdness
    ... >I have Openssh 3.5p1 installed on a Linux machine with users shells ... >cat hostname ls pwd scp sftp ssh. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Network error: No route to host
    ... > Can you ssh from your Linux machine to your Linux machine? ... linux box which I can reach from within it (with ssh and lynx). ... Protocol: ICMP ... Header checksum: 0xa869 ...
    (comp.security.ssh)