LINUX

how to find out what type of LINUX os i am running on my host...Is it
Red-HAT 3 /4 or Is it SUSE ot is it Advanced Server.???I want to know
commands to find out these.
Can anyone in here help me out with this...?

Thanks in advance.

  • [SLE] Windows and Linux printers (2) (suse 9)
    ... I am not able to print in a Windows PC from another Linux PC ... I have installed suse 9 (I am not an expert on commands) ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Top or bottom posting or being a troll or otherwise posting to either list.
    ... If troubleshooting installation or upgrade problems is not your hobby, ... > version of SuSe, ... and trying the commands it discusses. ... Linux is a fast moving, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Installation methods
    ... UNIX since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE since 1998 ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] tar
    ... UNIX since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE since 1998 ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Looking to install Gimp 2.0
    ... > commands. ... > tar xvfz gimp-2.0.x.tar.gz ... > I am very new at linux so please treat me like I am stupid. ... directly to gimp RPM build for SuSE (it works fine for me: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)