Re: dd command question

We have been using "tar" untill now. Problem we have is NFS failover
(that's what 2 disks for). We got bunch of server running(bin are in
those disk) from a NFS server and when it failover (loses handle) to
other disk, some of them need to reboot to get Access NFS again.
Any thouhgt (thx for reply everyone anyway)?

  • Re: Problems with RHEL 5 server: NFS related?
    ... For what it's worth I'll outline the symptoms ... folder is exported read only as an NFS share, and was mounted on a client. ... I don't see how that could have anything to do with NFS, on the client maybe but on the server those NFS problems are just a symptom. ... It may just be that partition which is affected or it may be all partitions on that disk or all disks on that controller. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: NFS v4 and async writes
    ... actually written by the server on the ... a positive response mean that the data is actually copied to disk ... whether you're using Linux 2.6 as clients or servers or both. ... The server may not be NFS compliant. ...
    (comp.protocols.nfs)
  • Re: Backing up NIS & NFS
    ... the NFS mounts will no longer work. ... Please define "disk that both systems can see". ... > to use just the one server for a while. ... Danger, Will Robinson, Danger! ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: What kind of systems are now available?
    ... leaving the bad mount in place. ... when you want to unmount and can't convince NFS to let you. ... wait for a local disk drive. ... server is not used in the NFS protocol. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: [SLE] Alternatives to NFS
    ... > I've been rebooting my main NFS server because I've been adding disk ... what do you mean by "adding disk space"? ... remote mfs mounts should be unmounted before rebooting the server or the nfs ...
    (SuSE)