Re: set effective user to root

On Monday 05 Jun 2006 19:15, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED
<m_d_berger_1900@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in comp.os.linux.misc:

On FC4:

I wrote a utility to be executed at the command
line that is owned by root and kept in /usr/bin ,
and intended to be executable by all.

The utility reads and writes a file that is
accessible only by root.

A normal user wants to use the utility.
How can I do this?

man sudo
--
Robert HULL

Archival or publication of this article on any part of thisishull.net
is without consent and is in direct breach of the Data Protection Act

  • Re: Apple recommending anti-virus software for Macs?
    ... > To be ultra-safe with the 'rm' command, ... Not a bad idea for root, It would drive me nuts in my user account. ... downloads directory and executing it. ... That I type an EOF is a trivial difference versus 'sudo' exiting ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: [ squeeze ] Grub2 RAID1 LVM2 boot failure
    ... insmod mdraid ... That UUID it's not the same that grub will use for boot. ... the `root` partition from the point of view of grub is the partition ... BTW this command is undocummented in the wiki, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] su - -c $command user ???
    ... I'd like to calculate a command-string as root and pass it with su ... into the context of a unprivileged user to run the command not as ... Basically I need to know $d after the daemonuser created and filled ... Note the echo isn't really going to be a fully valuable ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: System-users and-groups?
    ... bin shouldn't do so much. ... was root and bin... ... Although the daemon user/group are ... as that user runs that command. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • RE: remote ssh for root
    ... forced-commands-only option set, you have to have the command option set. ... execution as root. ... > This message contains confidential information and is ...
    (SSH)