lost the grub bootloader to Fedora 5 because windows formatting..how can I get it back

Hello,
I commited a very stupid mistake and am banging my head against the
wall. Im using Fedora 5 as the main desktop and keep Windows for some
..doc files and else. I decided to format my windows partition last
night but took a backup of all the files and put them in Linux. Now
after formatting and loading XP I realised that Windows cleans the MBR
and loads its own bootloader, so now my grub is lost and I cant use my
linux box..Please can anyone guide me and tell me if I can restore my
Linux box..

I use Fedora 5..

Thanks
Danish

  • Re: Re: Deploring *nix Philosophy
    ... > you could set it so users could open and close the ppp interface at will. ... > initially invest in a fedora bible of sorts. ... > bring the complexity or power of the OS down to the level of a windows ... > sure that bringing Linux down to the level of windows home setup just to ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Anything for home user and not the technical one??
    ... familiarize yourself with (things different from Windows) are CD/DVD/USB-flash ... At this checkpoint you are able to successfully use Fedora for everyday ... purposes and to be able to install new software as needed. ... This huge thread reminded me the first experience i had with linux. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Subject: RE: Fedora and the "normal" user
    ... I know all these are supported in Fedora, ... > has windows installed). ... those with less computer experience settle quicker than 'power ... I like to think windows has most things worked out from the users point of view so use Linux in the back end as much as I can, although saying that staff demanded to use Outlook 2003 last year and the only back end system that would fully support Outlook 2003 was of course exchange 2003. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Given Up on Linux
    ... >>My apologies, but unfortunately, I gave up on the L440GX with Fedora. ... >>Loaded Windows 2000 Server on it and it went fine. ... >>remarks to those who believe Linux is something to get so offended over ... > your hardware and there's always a fix somewhere. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Aint windows grand...NOT
    ... one of these newsgroups complaining that MS Windows is the problem.. ... Linux is coded MUCH better?.. ... INTERNET OPTIONS and look for the button to do this.. ... > I need to format, as i mentioned before, because Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)