Re: Mount without /proc/mounts entry

Unruh escreveu:

"Tom" <tomlobato@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi,

How to mount a filesystem (specificly smbfs, if it matter) without
add a entry in /proc/mounts? Is it possible without to apply patch to
the kernel?

Why?

I answered above,
I need to hide, at most, the remote smbfs share

/proc/mounts is the kernel table of the mounts. \if it is not there, the
kernel does not know about it.

Well, I just need my program to access remote smbfs share, wheter the
kernel know or not (but if it know, does not write to /proc/mounts).

For example, try the url 'smb://<windows_on_lan>/<share_on_windows>' on
konqueror. It access the share without appear on mtab or /proc/mounts.

Tom

  • Re: Mount without /proc/mounts entry
    ... Well, I just need my program to access remote smbfs share, wheter the ... kernel know or not ... is what Konqueror uses for smb:// URLs without mounting them, ... If I can do it without mount, no problem, I ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Mount without /proc/mounts entry
    ... Well, I just need my program to access remote smbfs share, wheter the ... kernel know or not ... is what Konqueror uses for smb:// URLs without mounting them, ... I just need my clipper program access remote smbfs ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: RT patch acceptance
    ... judge the complexity of a design for that type of system. ... claim that you cannot judge the complexity of a kernel modification. ... Since the patch in question doesn't actually need that information to ... nanokernel's API up to date with additions to Linux's API that RT people ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: inline asm semantics: output constraint width smaller than input
    ... Now in this case the patch you suggest might end up hurting the end result ... The below patch is to build the kernel for x86_64, ... # Device Drivers ... # PCI IDE chipsets support ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: This is [Re:] How to improve the quality of the kernel[?].
    ... The -mm kernel already implements what your proposed PTS would do. ... If patch have no TS ID, ... Thus i can apply for example lguest patches and implement and test new ... How many open source projects use Bugzilla and how many use the Debian BTS? ...
    (Linux-Kernel)