Re: Mount without /proc/mounts entry
- From: John-Paul Stewart <jpstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:10:28 -0400
Well, I just need my program to access remote smbfs share, wheter the
kernel know or not (but if it know, does not write to /proc/mounts).
For example, try the url 'smb://<windows_on_lan>/<share_on_windows>' on
konqueror. It access the share without appear on mtab or /proc/mounts.
Do you really need to *mount* it then? Can you not use either the command-line smbclient utility or the libsmbclient library? The library is what Konqueror uses for smb:// URLs without mounting them, AIUI.
- Prev by Date: Can't boot with Mandrake linux drive removed
- Next by Date: How to choose the active sound device (from 2) in Linux?
- Previous by thread: Re: Mount without /proc/mounts entry
- Next by thread: Re: Mount without /proc/mounts entry