Re: Can't mount WinXP partition or boot to it. Will "fixboot" work?
- From: Douglas Mayne <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:07:49 -0600
On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:27:59 +0000, ANC wrote:
Sounds like this common bug:
~$ sudo fdisk -l /dev/sda
(might as well post the info from fdisk for each/all your HDDs )
root@kanotix1:/home/al# fdisk -l /dev/sda
Disk /dev/sda: 80.0 GB, 80026361856 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 9729 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sda1 * 1 5264 42282268 7 HPFS/NTFS
Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary.
/dev/sda2 5265 6830 12578895 83 Linux
NOTICE ABOVE 'WARNING' ABOUT NOT ENDING ON A CYL BOUNDRY.
- Prev by Date: Re: Winmonitors are here!
- Next by Date: Re: How to network using qemu on windows host with linux client
- Previous by thread: Re: Can't mount WinXP partition or boot to it. Will "fixboot" work?
- Next by thread: Re: Can't mount WinXP partition or boot to it. Will "fixboot" work?