Re: dvdbackup, dvdshrink, transcode

On 2006-07-13, Unruh <unruh-spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Grant Edwards <grante@xxxxxxxx> writes:

On 2006-07-13, Kevin the Drummer <nobody@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Unruh <unruh-spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How about
dd if=/dev/dvd of=backupdvd.iso
and then burn the iso with say cdrecord.

That should not expand anything.

Does that work on encrypted DVDs?

No.

Again,

What do you mean again? That was my first post to this thread.

I've tried it multiple times on multiple DVDs using several
different drives. It doesn't work. The resulting file you get
when you use "dd" to copy an encrypted DVD is missing most of
the data.

Why do you think people wrote programs like DVD backup?

could you please explain yourself?

What about myself do you want explained?

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Is it clean in other
at dimensions?

  • Re: dvdbackup, dvdshrink, transcode
    ... and then burn the iso with say cdrecord. ... That should not expand anything. ... Does that work on encrypted DVDs? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)