Re: forcing boxA to use gateway to get to boxB all on same sub-net...

en2guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I plan to try to run some traffic-shaping/network delay tests, and
thought the best place to run tc would be on a gateway. The main issue
with using a second card is that until at least next week, we can't get
physically to the boxes, so at the moment, "bridge on a stick" seems
the best option.

I'm wondering whether you can do something with VLANs (if the switch
supports it). Perhaps then the Linux bridging code could bridge the two
VLANs? I've never played with VLANs so I have no real idea if this is
possible.

You never did mention why the two machines _had_ to be on the same IP
subnet.

--
Paul
.