Re: forcing boxA to use gateway to get to boxB all on same sub-net...

en2guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I plan to try to run some traffic-shaping/network delay tests, and
thought the best place to run tc would be on a gateway. The main issue
with using a second card is that until at least next week, we can't get
physically to the boxes, so at the moment, "bridge on a stick" seems
the best option.

I'm wondering whether you can do something with VLANs (if the switch
supports it). Perhaps then the Linux bridging code could bridge the two
VLANs? I've never played with VLANs so I have no real idea if this is
possible.

You never did mention why the two machines _had_ to be on the same IP
subnet.

--
Paul

  • vlan/bridging broken in 4.8-release?
    ... I'm trying to get bridging working on vlans, ... bar) and the bridge doh. ... foo is crosslinked to doh's fxp1, bar is on a hp procurve ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • vlan/bridging broken in 4.8-release?
    ... I'm trying to get bridging working on vlans, ... bar) and the bridge doh. ... foo is crosslinked to doh's fxp1, bar is on a hp procurve ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: bridges with multiple static IPs or DHPC - how to configure?
    ... how to configure a bridge with multiple static IPs and/or DHPC ... iface eth3.14 inet manual ... And you're bridging VLANs 10,11 and 12. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • VLANs and bridging
    ... I'm currently hosting a lot of computers, ... and connecting them via a filtering bridge. ... The obvious drawback is that all the traffic between the VLANs would ... ifconfig vlan1 create ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • RE: em (+pf+vlan+bridge+netgraph) stop sending packets (?)
    ... vlans on it: ... Polling was not used (I'll try to work with polling enabled on em0). ... ALTQ is not configured, pf has all block rules logged and I ... Make sure that you dont use scrubbing with pf as the bridge doesn't ...
    (freebsd-stable)