Re: distribution Question - dual boot distros?

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:29:04 -0700, buzz wrote:

Hi all
am looking for a distribution which is easy to set up for duial booting
with XP
on seperate drives

have tried Ubuntu - hwoever it seems to dislike my20 gig seagate HD -
have posted and sought solutions on ubuntu forums website but have
been unable to sort it out - even tried reinstalling.

(http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=208776)

So i was wondering if there someone could recommend another Linux
distributon that which is is easy to set up for dual booting with XP

regards
Buzz

If Ubuntu did not go it sounds to me like you have a problem. Probably a
hardware problem somewhere. Could you give us an idea how it did not go?

  • Re: distribution Question - dual boot distros?
    ... am looking for a distribution which is easy to set up for duial booting ... have tried Ubuntu - hwoever it seems to dislike my20 gig seagate HD - ... Let us know your partitioning and the loader used, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • distribution Question - dual boot distros?
    ... am looking for a distribution which is easy to set up for duial booting ... have tried Ubuntu - hwoever it seems to dislike my20 gig seagate HD - ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Picking a license
    ... copy the source code from the same place counts as distribution of the ... , and this does apply to Ubuntu ... If Joe downloads and burns a CD for his friend, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Tired of dying in nethack?
    ... A great many people hold copyrights for programs in Ubuntu. ... Typically they have stipulated the GNU General Public License. ... CDs) or tools necessary to build or install the distribution itself ... years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • Re: Software repository question
    ... When a new Ubuntu (or any other distribution, ... Doing an upgrade on a production system requires checking that your own ... Ubuntu in production systems like to have this done only ...
    (Ubuntu)