Re: Installing BitTorrent-4.20.4 - weird problem

Unruh napisal(a):
opexoc@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi. I am trying to install BitTorrent-4.20.4 from sources, but I come
to a standstill. I read in some information file in BitTorrent sources
directory how to install BitTorrent using Python:

How to install BitTorrent using Python's distutils system:
Install BitTorrent by running this from the root of the source code
directory:

$ python setup.py install

, so I do everything in this way and I get:

--------------------------------------------------------CUT
HERE-------------------------------------------------------------------
[root@localhost BitTorrent-4.20.4]# python setup.py install
running install
error: invalid Python installation: unable to open
/usr/lib/python2.4/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)
--------------------------------------------------------CUT
HERE-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds to me like you forgot to install the libpython2.4-devel package.
You do not say which distro you run, but look for a libpython2.4-devel rpm
and install that.

Also when you ask questions about a linux distro, tell us which distro you
have, as different Linux distros do things differently.

btw2. For what is using this libpython2.4-devel package ? Am I not able
to compile files without it ?
Moreover, what does it mean string "devel" ending some names of
packages ( develope ? ) ?

.