Re: Auto-Mount Windows Directory via Samba

On 8 Aug 2006 07:04:57 -0700, mumebuhi
<mumebuhi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am trying to auto-mount a Windows directory via Samba. I am using
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS.

I can only mount the directory manually using smbmount.
$ sudo smbmount //windows_ip/linux$ /media/win -o
username="my_username/domain_name"

How can this be done automatically (i.e. every time the machine is
rebooted)?

I added the following line to /etc/fstab. But it did not work.
//windows_ip/linux$ /media/win smbfs
credentials=/home/me/.windowscreds,uid=1000,gid=1000 0 0

If /home is a separate partition, it must be mounted before this, or you
could move the credentials file to the root partition.

--
Like winter snow on summer lawn, time past is time gone.
.