Re: Auto-Mount Windows Directory via Samba

On 8 Aug 2006 07:04:57 -0700, mumebuhi
<mumebuhi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am trying to auto-mount a Windows directory via Samba. I am using
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS.

I can only mount the directory manually using smbmount.
$ sudo smbmount //windows_ip/linux$ /media/win -o
username="my_username/domain_name"

How can this be done automatically (i.e. every time the machine is
rebooted)?

I added the following line to /etc/fstab. But it did not work.
//windows_ip/linux$ /media/win smbfs
credentials=/home/me/.windowscreds,uid=1000,gid=1000 0 0

If /home is a separate partition, it must be mounted before this, or you
could move the credentials file to the root partition.

--
Like winter snow on summer lawn, time past is time gone.

  • Auto-Mount Windows Directory via Samba
    ... I am trying to auto-mount a Windows directory via Samba. ... Ubuntu 6.06 LTS. ... I can only mount the directory manually using smbmount. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • [Full-disclosure] [USN-947-2] Linux kernel regression
    ... A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases: ... Ubuntu 10.04 LTS ... crafted traffic to crash the system, leading to a denial of service. ... A local attacker with write access to a GFS2 filesystem could exploit ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • [Suspected Spam][USN-947-2] Linux kernel regression
    ... A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases: ... Ubuntu 10.04 LTS ... crafted traffic to crash the system, leading to a denial of service. ... A local attacker with write access to a GFS2 filesystem could exploit ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [Full-disclosure] [USN-947-1] Linux kernel vulnerabilities
    ... A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases: ... Ubuntu 6.06 LTS ... A local attacker with write access to a GFS2 filesystem could exploit ... amd64 architecture: ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Get ubuntu ! Get ubuntu ! Get ubuntu ! Get ubuntu !
    ... If one does decide to try Ubuntu, get the "LTS", because the 6mo release intervals is "bleeding edge" and can/will cause you trouble. ... I have DL'd the 9.04 ISO and checked it out, but it still doesn't recognize my built in wireless. ... install the OS, I install the programs they want and I show them how to use Ubuntu. ...