A question about windoze trolls
- From: WCJ <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 02:54:07 GMT
I've always wondered what could possibly motivate anyone to troll *nix groups/boards and promote Micro$oft's shitty "OS." As I see it, there are really only a couple of explanations:
1) They're paid shills. Realizing that SOME people will do just about anything for money, this could be a logical explanation because--repugnant as it is to think about anyone promoting windoze--at least if they're getting paid, there's a point to it.
2) They're idiots. (This is the more likely reason.) If they're too stupid to be able to use UNIX/Linux themselves and therefore have no choice but to be sucked in to Bill Gate$' netherworld...well, they probably want to make themselves feel better about it. So they post bullshit and then [usually] slink away without addressing any replies they may have generated. Surely they can't LIKE the piece of shit "OS" called windoze, and honestly believe that it's better than one that lets the user have TOTAL, ABSOLUTE control over it--for free, and like coughing up more money constantly for new versions of the "OS" and new software to run on it. Can they?
So what do you think? Are there other possible explanations?
BTW, I've read the ultra-low estimates of the percentage of desktops that run Linux and I'm baffled by them. Perhaps my web site's audience is just a lot more intelligent than the norm, but my site's stats show that 8-12% (it varies by day) of my hits come from *nix boxes.
Linux: Because rebooting is only for installing hardware
- Prev by Date: Re: Netiquette on comp.os.linux.misc: Why did this sub-thread degenerate into flames?
- Next by Date: Re: [AD] Wiley Books release: Linux Smart Homes For Dummies (long)
- Previous by thread: newly installed suse, internet not working
- Next by thread: Re: A question about windoze trolls