Re: How to make Knoppix USB writable?
- From: "paul_gega" <gegaenator@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 31 Aug 2006 11:46:03 -0700
I use DSL/Feather distros which automatically mount /dev/sda1 to /cdrom
Yes, Knoppix do it in the same way. My knoppix filesystem's usb is
mounted to /cdrom
Can Knoppix be remastered for rw mounting /dev/sda1 to /cdrom (with
You need to be superuser to write to it.
also prefix your mv/cp command by sudo to successfully write to it.
Very useful for customizing DSL on USB.
So If i want to work just like on normal linux dektop (with possiblity
for having files wrote to desktop etc.) so i need to be logged as root
in desktop environment ? Does it make sense ?
Or maybe one of directories could be mouted as read write directory for
writing files freely when working (a second partition on flash drive)?
- Prev by Date: Re: Scheduling Jobs - Last day of the month - HOWTO?
- Next by Date: Re: Scheduling Jobs - Last day of the month - HOWTO?
- Previous by thread: Re: How to make Knoppix USB writable?
- Next by thread: procmail recipe