The Gimp keeps crashing >-(

Mepis 6.0
Gimp 2.2.11 (most upto date version in repos)

I've been trying to edit some photos, but the Gimp crashes before I can
finish :( I'm getting really annoyed as it's not as if I'm dealing with
huge files nor am I doing anything major - I'm just trying to do some
simple selects...

I think I've traced some errors in my .xsession_errors file:

(script-fu:10985): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read(): error
xauth: creating new authority file /home/chris/.Xauthority
kdesu (kdelibs): WARNING: No X authentication info set for display :0.0
xauth: creating new authority file /home/chris/.Xauthority
kdesu (kdelibs): WARNING: No X authentication info set for display :0.0
xauth: creating new authority file /home/chris/.Xauthority
kdesu (kdelibs): WARNING: No X authentication info set for display :0.0
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
Major opcode: 20
Minor opcode: 0
Resource id: 0x2c00007
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
Major opcode: 19
Minor opcode: 0
Resource id: 0x300000e

I've no idea what's causing this nor how to resolve it? Is this a 'bad'
version of the Gimp? Can someone help me, please? I really need to get
hte gimp working.
TIA

  • Re: A Suggestion For Higher-Quality Open-Source Software
    ... I'm guessing that, since gimp uses it, it's some ... in the current directory display to be rendered somehow. ... or simple icons. ... Take note that Linux is not a GUI operating system. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Gimp - Tile small images to create large image?
    ... > use it as a wallpaper, it occupies the central part of the display. ... > create large tiled image from this small image? ... I don't use GIMP because it's too complex for me. ... tif, gif, png, tif, tga) normal viewing, slideshows, ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: Gimp - Tile small images to create large image?
    ... > use it as a wallpaper, it occupies the central part of the display. ... > create large tiled image from this small image? ... I don't use GIMP because it's too complex for me. ... tif, gif, png, tif, tga) normal viewing, slideshows, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Gimp - Tile small images to create large image?
    ... > use it as a wallpaper, it occupies the central part of the display. ... > create large tiled image from this small image? ... I don't use GIMP because it's too complex for me. ... tif, gif, png, tif, tga) normal viewing, slideshows, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Gimp - Tile small images to create large image?
    ... > use it as a wallpaper, it occupies the central part of the display. ... > create large tiled image from this small image? ... I don't use GIMP because it's too complex for me. ... tif, gif, png, tif, tga) normal viewing, slideshows, ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)