Ubuntu 6.06 on IBM T30 and modems
- From: CBFalconer <cbfalconer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:13:11 -0400
Most of my teething problems are probably over with this system,
but I still have no Internet access. I have no idea whether or not
the internal modem can be made to work on Ubuntu, and how to set it
up. If it is impossible, I can always use the serial port with my
external modem, but I would prefer the internal system.
Any suggestions as to how to do it and/or where to look?
I bought a flashdrive to handle machine to machine transfers for
now. I still have to find out if my W98 FE system will talk to it,
but I know the T30 will. Later I want to use the ethernet
connectors to interconnect the systems, and again I don't know
where to start on this.
(misstyped linux on a crosspost from alt.os.ubuntu with followups
to c.o.l.m, thus a multipost)
Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems.
- Prev by Date: Re: Firefox 2 and Adobe Flash Plugin
- Next by Date: Re: Firefox 2 and Adobe Flash Plugin
- Previous by thread: Kaffeine plugin for Mozilla/Firefox
- Next by thread: Re: Ubuntu 6.06 on IBM T30 and modems