Re: alternatives to Adobe Reader
- From: John Hasler <john@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:12:21 -0500
Allan Adler writes:
It won't read the files that are downloaded as ebooks from the library,
even though they have the extension pdf. xpdf (2.02 on my system)
encounters what it says is encryption and asks for a password, which I
don't have. This isn't about replacing the Adobe Acrobat Reader. It is
about replacing a different program called Adobe Reader.
Google xpdf and encryption.
One of the memeber of the company was arrested and jailed under DMCA for
engaging in studying or breaking encryption designed to protect the
copyright of the company.
The charges were dropped.
Dancing Horse Hill
Elmwood, WI USA
- Prev by Date: Re: Firefox 2 memory requirements
- Next by Date: Re: alternatives to Adobe Reader
- Previous by thread: Re: alternatives to Adobe Reader
- Next by thread: Re: alternatives to Adobe Reader