LPT1: to work under VM player

Hi,

I've created Virtual machine on Suse 10.1 for win 3.1.

How would i get parallel port / LTP1 to work under Win 3.1.

vmplayer shows this while starting

"Cannot open LPT1: No such file or directory
Virtual device parallel0 will start disconnected."

Such message also comes for Lan card, serial port, although cd, floppy
is running well.

How to get LPT1 port work in VM player?

Thanks

ark

  • Re: LPT1: to work under VM player
    ... Ark wrote: ... I've created Virtual machine on Suse 10.1 for win 3.1. ... How would i get parallel port / LTP1 to work under Win 3.1. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • LPT1: to work under VM player
    ... I've created Virtual machine on Suse 10.1 for win 3.1. ... How would i get parallel port / LTP1 to work under Win 3.1. ... How to get LPT1 port work in VM player? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: printer not printing
    ... It appears to send the order to the desktop computer, ... just lands in a queue and doesn't print. ... using another printer port if there is one (I don't think there's another ... parallel port on this computer) or uninstalling the port and letting ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: printer not printing
    ... It appears to send the order to the desktop computer, but it just lands in a queue and doesn't print. ... Is there a document showing in queue after clicking on Test Page, and does it eventually go away, or do you have to manually clear the queue? ... I did some troubleshooting through HP Help, and at this point it suggests using another printer port if there is one (I don't think there's another parallel port on this computer) or uninstalling the port and letting Windows reinstall it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Printer port confusion
    ... indicates that pins 10 and 15 are inverted inputs, ... PC Parallel Port Mini-FAQ ... The data register is at IOBase+0. ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)