Re: Ubuntu 6.06 on IBM T30 and modems
- From: Harold Stevens <wookie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:33:29 -0000
In <ehpqjs$3io$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Chris:
in linux (internal) modems are a very hit and miss affair
A winmodem balks? IMO get a legit PCMCIA card, and get on with life, viz:
Windows 98 and above
Mac OS 7.1 or above
IME worth the money unless you LIKE tufts of hair cluttering your laptop.
Ethernet is far more straight forward - google is your friend
I agree--there seems much better NIC than modem Linux support, generally.
IME again: PCMCIA, if any onboard NIC isn't seen, straight outta the box.
(Another benefit using PCMCIA cards: they'll work on almost any hardware)
Regards, Weird (Harold Stevens) * IMPORTANT EMAIL INFO FOLLOWS *
Pardon any bogus email addresses (wookie) in place for spambots.
Really, it's (wyrd) at airmail, dotted with net. DO NOT SPAM IT.
Kids jumping ship? Looking to hire an old-school type? Email me.
- Prev by Date: LPT1: to work under VM player
- Next by Date: Re: LPT1: to work under VM player
- Previous by thread: Re: Ubuntu 6.06 on IBM T30 and modems
- Next by thread: Re: Ubuntu 6.06 on IBM T30 and modems