can i copy rc3.d to rc5.d?

Hi All,

I am using CentOS 4.4 (same as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.4,
only cheaper).

On one of my servers, I need to change it over to run level 5,
for a graphics log on. When I tested this, I found to my
horror, that not everything that started in run level 3 also
started in run level 5. Yikes!

Is there any reason why I can not just copy all of rc3.d
to rc5.d?

cp -R /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/* /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/.

Is there something else going on in rc3.d that should
not being happening in rc5.d?

Many thanks,
-T

  • Re: where do I set my domain name?
    ... I am using Cent OS 4.3 (same as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, ... cheaper). ... Not to ask too stupid a question, but how and where do I set my domain ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: RHEL WS?
    ... > ES is geared towards small departmental servers ... > "Red Hat Enterprise Linux products are based on the same core kernel, ... and also share the same major package sets. ...
    (Fedora)
  • where do I set my domain name?
    ... I am using Cent OS 4.3 (same as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, ... cheaper). ... Not to ask too stupid a question, but how and where do I set my domain ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • where do I set my host name?
    ... I am using Cent OS 4.3 (same as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, ... cheaper). ... Not to ask too stupid a question, but how and where do I set my host ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: MythTV 0.22 release candidate
    ... servers, tended to be RedHat/Fedora or SUSE. ... We use CentOS (built on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux sources) for ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)