Re: digital camera raw files
- From: CBFalconer <cbfalconer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 01:14:44 -0500
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:27:19 -0500, John-Paul Stewart wrote:
Having recently acquired a Kodak P850 [snip]
Why was this same article multi-posted to several groups? I just
read it over in c.o.l.hardware, too.
If you feel an article should be sent to more than one group, it is
preferable to cross-post it (putting all the newsgroups together on
one Newsgroups: line, separated by commas) instead of multi-posting
separate copies to each group. There are many places to read up on
the details of why cross-posting is better than multi-posting,
including RFC 1855 "Netiquette Guidelines" at http://www.ietf.org/.
And if one cross-posts then it seems that folks get all over your
case for cross-posting. Give it a rest, will you?
Very simply handled by setting follow-ups to a single newsgroup in
THE ORIGINAL post.
Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems.
- Prev by Date: Re: Host key verification failed
- Next by Date: Re: digital camera raw files
- Previous by thread: Re: digital camera raw files
- Next by thread: Re: digital camera raw files