Re: What the f**k is wrong with CUPS!
- From: nospam <no@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:37:01 -0500
On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 02:14:08 +0000, Unruh wrote:
Yes, I began looking into non-CUPS printing, but everything seems
tied to CUPS now. I would prefer to use CUPS, but it isn't working
in my case.
cups can print to lpd systems.
Again, post the content of /etc/cups/printers.conf
It is very suspicious that you said that you were unable to ping the
server. That sounds like a network problem or a printserver problem-- may
be triggered by cups.
I cannot ping the host after attempting to print a CUPS test page.
When I attempt to print the test page from withing the web interface,
the USB light goes out on the print server, the printer's data light
flashes, and nothing happens. At this point I have to power cycle
the print server, which it is pingable again. The print server is
fine, and works from my Wife's PC, and also worked without a problem
under FC4 and FC5. I'm trying various protocols, which is why I
haven't posted my printers.conf file.
- Prev by Date: Re: What the f**k is wrong with CUPS!
- Next by Date: Re: What the f**k is wrong with CUPS!
- Previous by thread: Re: What the f**k is wrong with CUPS!
- Next by thread: Re: What the f**k is wrong with CUPS!